Diomedes Villas are located in a secluded location in the heart of Ithaca island.
- 2.7 km from Vathy, the capital of Ithaca, where the main port and plenty of the grocery shops, restaurants, bars and all type of tourist services can be found
- 5.9 km from Pisaetos port
You can walk to Kaminia Beach ( 15 minutes walking distance), a beach well-known for its natural beauty. The beach was traditionally visited by the local residents of Perachori, the old center of Ithaca. There is a road leading to the beach, which is comfortable for cars and ideal for hiking. The water is super clean and the beach is sandy and pebbly with small sea dwellers such as fish, crabs and shells.
Ithaca or Ithaka (Greek: Ιθάκη, Ithakē) is located in the Ionian Sea, in Greece, with an area of 45 square miles (120 km2) and a little more than three thousand inhabitants. It lies off the northeast coast of Kefalonia and to the west and within sight of continental Greece. The capital, Itháki (Vathý), has one of the world’s largest natural harbours. Modern Ithaca is generally identified with Homer’s Ithaca, the home of Odysseus, whose delayed return to the island is one of the elements of the Odyssey’s plot.
Access to Ithaca
- By Bus from Athens, Patras or Kefalonia (For more information call +30 210 5150785)
- By Airplane from various European airports (via the national airport of Kefalonia)
- By Ferry boat from Patras, Kefalonia, Lefkada and Astakos (Click here for itinerary information)